The protection of personal information is important to South-West Steel Products Ltd.
We have a policy and procedures dealing with the protection of privacy based on Alberta's Bill 44, the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) which came into effect Jan. 1, 2004.
We collect the following personal information from our customers in order to administer the contract for products and/or services:
1. Customer name, address, telephone number, fax number, and cell number
2. Direction to sie and Land location number
This personal information is used to administer the contract and depending on the contract scope, may be used for any and/or all of the following reasons:
1. To obtain permits and line locates
2. To obtain bids and hire necessary suppliers, subcontractors, engineers, architects and inspection service providers
3. Building and freight delivery information
4. For billing and administrative purposes
5. For insurance purposes
6. For customer contact relating to building delivery, instructions, concerns or issues
7. For any potential hazard or safety issues that may arise during the contract
Third Party Disclosures:
We keep a list of building types and sizes for administrative reasons. We only use a customer's personal information for the purposes outlined above. We don not disclose personal information to third parties for any other purposes unless prior arrangements are made. We don not offer or sell mailing lists to any third parties. We often take pictures of buildings we have constructed and place the pictures in binders, newspaper advertising, telephone yellow pages, brochures, in trade show displays and on our web site. These pictures are used as a reference only for potential customers to see types of buildings available. if a customer wishes to see your building, we would call ahead to get authorization. You may decline at any time.
Storing your Personal Information:
We only keep personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes outlined above. We keep the information after the project is completed in order to resolve any problems, concerns or warranty issues that may arise. We have the appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal information. We try to keep the information accurate and we ask the customer to provide us with updated material.